Troubleshoot checkout issues
If you have trouble purchasing tickets or registering for an event, there are a few things you can check.
"Your checkout time has expired"
Events with a lot of questions take longer to register. If you don't have enough time to complete your order, contact the event host and ask them to increase the time limit.
"Failed to make payment"
If you see this error, it's likely your credit or debit card was declined. Check to make sure the following information is entered correctly and try again:
- Card Number — Card numbers are usually 16 digits long.
- Expiry date — If your card is expired, you will need to use a different card.
- CVV — This is the 3-digit security code on the back of your card.
If your credit or debit card is still being declined:
- Contact your bank or credit card company
- Try using a different card
Any abandoned charges on your statement should drop off of your account within 5-7 business days, depending on your bank or credit card company. Refer to this guide to learn more about pending charges.
I can't proceed to the next step
If you are at the Select tickets stage
Make sure you have selected at least a ticket or donation.
If you are at the Enter details stage
Make sure you have answered the required questions.
If a button or form field is not working
Sometimes, an overloaded web browser can cause things like missing fields or unresponsive buttons. Clear your browser's cache and cookies, then try to register again.
The process for clearing a browser's cache is different for every browser. Learn how to clear your cache in the following browsers in their documentation:
Generally speaking, these 3 tips can resolve most of the checkout issues:
- Update your browser (click here to check);
- Try using a different browser;
- Switch to a different device (such as your mobile phone).