Someone has booked the wrong ticket/date/time. What do I do?
No drama. Take a breath and follow me, please :D
Your can correct the booking by cancelling the wrong ticket (without refunding the order) and creating a manual order (price will be $0) to issue them a new ticket for free.
Step 1: Cancel the Wrong Ticket (w/o Refunding)
- Go to "Orders / Refunds >> Orders" when you've selected the event;
- Find the problematic order and click its "Order ID";
- Then click the "Refund/Cancel Tickets" button at the bottom;
- Check the box in front of the ticket which need to be corrected - this means they will be cancelled and restocked;
- Make sure you clear both the "Refund Amount" and "Fees" fields are cleared or set to "0".
Pro Tip: Leave this cancelled order tab/window open on your browser and thank me later :D
Step 2: Create a Manual Order to Issue a New Ticket
- Go to "Orders / Refunds >> Orders" again;
- Click the "+ New Manual Order" button;
- Select the correct date, ticket type, quantity and put $"0" in "Amount Paid" - this ensures there won't be any double-ups in your sales report;
- In the "Payment Type" dropdown menu below, select "No payment necessary";
- Then in the "Notes" box you can indicate this order is created due to "incorrect date/ticket booked" or anything else that would make sense for your reference.
- Follow the prompts to finish the order.
Pro Tip: Now you can copy and paste the customer details from the previous booking. And as I said, you're welcome [wink wink]!