I am running an event
Need help now?
Getting started with Humanitix
Quick start guide
Updating Your Bank Account
Creating a recurring schedule for your event
COVID-19 - What are my options (as an event organiser)?
Galas & Awards
Conferences & Expos
Music Festivals & Events
How to set up an event with multiple sessions or across multiple dates
Quick start guide for School Organisers
Guide for organisers of post-iso events
Socially distanced seating maps
Frequently Asked Questions
How to set up notifications?
When will my event be paid out?
Why did I get a message "This event is yet to launch"?
How do I unpublish an event?
Something doesn't work? Try these tips!
Swapping a ticket to a new event or date
My attendees can't find their tickets. What can I do?
How do I collect information from my attendees?
Who pays the fees (passing on or absorbing)?
Why have my ticket sales ended?
Why is my event/ticket sold out?
How do I create a bundle deal?
When will my tickets go on sale?
Where do I set up the not-for-profit rate?
How do I issue complimentary/free tickets?
What about GST?
Creating and Using Templates
Collecting data and additional information from your attendees
Privacy - Public vs Private Event
Managing VIPs coming to your event
Set up earlybird tickets and waterfall pricing
How can I change the number of tickets people can buy?
Customising your event/ticket design
Ticket Resale & Risk-Free Name Changes
Custom ticket date, time and location
Manage Session Capacities
How to hide the mobile question?
Customising the order confirmation email
Payouts and Payment Options
Why has my event not been paid out yet?
Setting up "Paid by invoice" as an alternative payment option
Adding a GL Code to your payout
Where is the payout receipt/statement?
How to connect Stripe?
How to partially pass on or absorb fees?
Donations & DGR (Tax Deductible) Receipts
Can I delete my events?
What are "pending tickets"?
How to make your event accessible?
How do I duplicate/copy my event?
How do I change my event URL?
Invite & Promote
Manage your online event content using Virtual Event Hub
Introducing: Promotional Hub
How can I showcase all of my events?
Using the Affiliate Tracking Link
Adding 3rd party embeds to event pages
How do I communicate my event's impact?
Hidden Tickets & Access Codes
Manage Orders & Attendees
I need to cancel and/or refund a ticket
I need to cancel my event
Removing someone from the attendee/guest list
Send calendar invites with your webinar links
How do I add offline/manual ticket sales to Humanitix (such as cash sales)?
I need to postpone my event
Can I delete my orders?
Resending/Downloading tax invoice of ticket purchase
Allow attendees to refund and cancel their own tickets
Uploading a guest list / multiple attendees
Changing buyer details on the tax invoice (for online orders only)
How do I access all attendee information?
Checking In My Attendees
Apps & Integrations
Setting up more integrations?
Using the Humanitix App
Deprecated API V1 Documentation
Analysing Your Events' Traffic and MORE...
How to sell tickets on your own website?
Setting Up Facebook Integration
How to run a digital event on Humanitix: Reach a global audience without needing a venue
Adding LinkedIn insight tags to your Google Tag Manager
Navigating permissions and giving access to your team
I have been shared full access permission from my colleague, but I can't see the event from my list of events?
On the Day
NSW Discover Vouchers FAQ
I am a ticket holder/purchaser
Where is my ticket?
I am no longer attending my event. How can I request a refund?
I want to edit my order details (i.e. names on tickets)
I've got a question about the event I'm attending
I don't have a printed ticket and my phone lost/forgotten/dead!
Is my Ticket Purchase secure?
Can I buy tickets from a 3rd party and not on Humanitix?
How to get a tax invoice for your order
COVID-19 update for ticket buyers/holders
Why are my tickets cancelled?
I want to change my booking (to a different time/location/session)
What happens if I accidentally lose/change/delete my ticket?
Was my purchase successful?
Updated by Adam Long
A digital event is a great way to reach audiences all over the world, without them needing to leave their home or workplace. Conferences, courses, concerts and keynotes have all been broadcast online – with event organisers reaching more people than ever before!
It's Simple: Sell tickets on Humanitix and provide your guests unique livestream access via our Virtual Events Hub
- Create your event page on Humanitix and sell tickets or accept RSVPs as normal. In the event description where you would normally write a location, nominate "online event". When saving the draft, you will be prompted to create a Virtual Events Hub.
- Choose and set up your preferred streaming service (see some suggestions, below).
- Schedule a Reminder Email to go to all guests prior to the event. This email should include the "@VirtualEventsHub" macro which will include a unique access link to watch the live stream. Simple!
- Broadcast your event live and delight your guests!
Tips for giving your digital event impact
- Start streaming early with some "pre-show" content, such as commentary from the MC. Just like some guests turn up to live events early and expect to feel welcome, some online guests will turn up early and expect interaction or streaming straight away.
- Add additional interactions with speakers. At live events, speakers usually mingle with attendees after their talk to answer questions and meet new people. You can achieve the same by having secondary live streams or webinar channels where speakers can continue interacting with guests while the main programs continues.
- Make your audio perfect. Clear audio is essential for online events. Use lapel microphones where possible and eliminate background noise. That might mean sending the rest of your office out of the office for lunch, or setting up a camera in your wardrobe!
- Check your internet connection (and don't share WIFI). Use a wired internet connection where possible. One common mistake that destroys the quality of a broadcast is streaming on WIFI, then sharing those WIFI details with live attendees. The result is that a connection that works well in testing slows down during broadcast – so don't share it!
- Test, test, and test again!
Facebook Live (Best for social audience and instantly connected with your followers)
Here are 7 tips to get you up to speed with Facebook Live and a training course to teach you how to connect and engage with your audience using Facebook Live if you have 30 minutes to spare (you'll need to log into your Facebook account to launch the Facebook Blueprint course).
Youtube Live Streaming (Best for free events with many attendees)
Create a simple link that your guests can return to anytime. Log in (or create a Google account) here. You will be guided through the setup. See additional tips for using YouTube Live Streaming.
Note that this link can be accessed by anyone in the future, so this is best for free events.
Google Hangouts (Best for free events with under 50 attendees)
This free tool lets you interact with your attendees – making it a great alternative to a live event. You can choose to unmute attendees so that they can ask questions, or run an open Q&A.
Get started here.
Broadcast Webinar Tools:
Everwebinar allows pre-recorded webinars that run at times that suit you.
You can still charge tickets to digital events, or offer it for free to attract you new guests for the future. According to Digitell, 30% of people who watch a live streamed event have gone on to attend the live physical event.