How to partially pass on or absorb fees?
Introducing "Split fees", a brand new way to split the fees between you (i.e. absorbing) and your ticket buyers (i.e. passing on) - What do "absorbing" and "passing on" mean?
1. What does split fees look like?
Before "Split fees" was available, on a standard AUD rate, for example, you were either absorbing all of the 4% + $0.99 or passing them onto your ticket buyers.
Now with "Split fees", you can choose to partially pass on or absorb both the fixed and the percentage portion of the fees e.g.:
- Your customers pay for the $0.99;
- You cover the 4%.
😎 How cool, right?
2. Set up split fees on an account-level
To set this up, simply follow the steps below:
- Go to "Account >> My Account >> Default payment settings"
There are 3 components where you can make changes to:
- "Fixed fee" - this is the fixed fee applied to your tickets (charged per ticket).
- "Percentage fee" - this is the percentage fee applied to your orders (charged per transaction);
- "Payment fee" - this is only applicable to very few events. Simply ignore this if you don't have it set up with your account / event.
3. Split fees on an event-level
To set this up per event, follow the steps below:
- Select your event from the Events tab;
- Go to "Payments and Fees >> Settings";
- In Booking fees, select