Creating a Discount Code
Discount codes can be created within the “Promote >> Discounts” section of your event. Click "Create Discount Code" and begin:
- In "Code", give it a unique name. For example I can have a discount code that is called "DREAMER123";
- Select if you would like to give the discount as a percentage or a fixed dollar amount;
- In "Applies to", you can choose which ticket types the discount can be used for;
- Set code usage limits with "Quantity" and "Maximum Use Per Order".
- "Quantity" refers to how many times the code can be used in total;
- "Maximum Use Per Order" refers to the maximum number of tickets in a single order this discount code can be used for;
- Set a timeframe between which the discount code is valid
Create Multiple Unique Discount Codes in Bulk
This is particularly useful when you are creating a unique discount code for each person (for example, you can use their indivudual emails as the discount code). To do this:
- Simply select the "CSV Upload" tab after you click "Create Discount Code" and download the CSV file;
- Open the file in Excel and copy and paste your discount codes (e.g. all the individual emails) with one code per row;
- Save the CSV file and upload it accordingly;
- Set up the rest following Step 2~5 as above.
Using the Discount Code
Your ticket buyers can apply the discount code in the following 2 ways:
- By entering the discount code during checkout - they can do so after selecting their tickets and clicking "Enter Details"
- By using the direct URL - with one click they can be taken to the event page with the discount code applied so they don't need to enter it themselves