I am running an event
Need help now?
Getting started with Humanitix
Updating Your Bank Account
Creating a recurring schedule for your event
Quick start guide
Galas & Awards
Conferences & Expos
Music Festivals & Events
How to set up an event with multiple sessions or across multiple dates
Quick start guide for School Organisers
Guide for organisers of post-iso events
Socially distanced seating maps
COVID-19 - What are my options (as an event organiser)?
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did I get a message "This event is yet to launch"?
Setting up notifications for ticket sales
How do I unpublish an event?
Something doesn't work? Try these tips!
When will my event be paid out?
Swapping a ticket to a new event or date
My attendees can't find their tickets. What can I do?
How do I collect information from my attendees?
Who pays the fees (passing on or absorbing)?
Why have my ticket sales ended?
Why is my event/ticket sold out?
How do I create a bundle deal?
When will my tickets go on sale?
Where do I set up the not-for-profit rate?
How do I issue complimentary/free tickets?
What about GST?
Creating and Using Templates
Collecting data and additional information from your attendees
Privacy - Public vs Private Event
Ticket Resale & Risk-Free Name Changes
Managing VIPs coming to your event
How can I change the number of tickets people can buy?
Custom ticket date, time and location
Manage Session Capacities
Customising your event/ticket design
How to hide the mobile question?
Customising the order confirmation email
Payouts and Payment Options
Adding a GL Code to your payout
Where is the payout receipt/statement?
How to connect Stripe?
How to partially pass on or absorb fees?
Setting up "Paid by invoice" as an alternative payment option
Donations & DGR (Tax Deductible) Receipts
Can I delete my events?
What are "pending tickets"?
How to make your event accessible?
How do I duplicate/copy my event?
How do I change my event URL?
Invite & Promote
Adding 3rd party embeds to event pages
How do I communicate my event's impact?
Introducing: Promotional Hub
Manage your online event content using Virtual Event Hub
How can I showcase all of my events?
Hidden Tickets & Access Codes
Using the Affiliate Tracking Link
Manage Orders & Attendees
How do I add offline/manual ticket sales to Humanitix (such as cash sales)?
I need to cancel my event
I need to cancel and/or refund a ticket
I need to postpone my event
Can I delete my orders?
Resending/Downloading tax invoice of ticket purchase
Allow attendees to refund and cancel their own tickets
How to send calendar invites with your webinar links?
Uploading a guest list / multiple attendees
Changing buyer details on the tax invoice (for online orders only)
How do I access all attendee information?
Checking In My Attendees
Removing someone from the attendee/guest list
Apps & Integrations
Setting up more integrations?
Using the Humanitix App
Deprecated API V1 Documentation
How to sell tickets on your own website?
Setting Up Facebook Integration
Analysing Your Events' Traffic and MORE...
How to run a digital event on Humanitix: Reach a global audience without needing a venue
Adding LinkedIn insight tags to your Google Tag Manager
I have been shared full access permission from my colleague, but I can't see the event from my list of events?
Navigating permissions and giving access to your team
On the Day
NSW Discover Vouchers FAQ
I am a ticket holder/purchaser
Where is my ticket/invoice?
I am no longer attending my event. How can I request a refund?
I want to edit my order details (i.e. names on tickets)
I've got a question about the event I'm attending
I don't have a printed ticket and my phone lost/forgotten/dead!
Is my Ticket Purchase secure?
Can I buy tickets from a 3rd party and not on Humanitix?
How to get a tax invoice for your order
COVID-19 update for ticket buyers/holders
Why are my tickets cancelled?
I want to change my booking (to a different time/location/session)
What happens if I accidentally lose/change/delete my ticket?
Was my purchase successful?
Table of Contents
Updated by Jeremy Tang
Here are the steps to create and send Outlook, Apple and Google calendar invites:
Create a .ics calendar invite (for Outlook & Apple)
If you are an Outlook user
- Open your Outlook calendar.
- Click New Appointment or click New Items and select Appointment from the dropdown menu. Set up the calendar event as an Appointment, not a meeting, since this invite will be going to an individual recipient and not other contacts on your calendar.
- Add relevant details for the event (Event name, Location, Time, Event description, URL of your event's landing page, Optional event alert.)
- In the upper left, click Save and Close to save the event to Outlook Calendar.
- Find the event on your Outlook calendar.
- Create an .ics file from the event:
- If you're using Outlook for Windows, click the appointment. Then click the down arrow below the Forward button in the top left, and click Forward as iCalendar. Outlook will attach an iCalendar to your appointment, which you can right-click and save to your desktop. Learn more in Microsoft's Outlook documentation.
- If you're using Outlook for Mac, click and hold on the event, then drag and drop it out of Outlook calendar and on to your desktop. This will create an .ics file on your computer desktop.
If you are an Apple user
- Open Apple Calendar and click the + button in the top left corner.
- In the dialogue box, enter the name of the event, then press Enter or Return. This will create the event on the current day, without any other details, which need to be filled in.
- Click on the event to add additional event details
- Click Done to save calendar event.
- To create the .ics file, click and hold on the event in Apple Calendar, then drag and drop it out of your calendar and on to your desktop.
Create a Google calendar invite
- Open Google Calendar in your browser.
- In the upper left, click Create.
- A new event dialogue box will open where you can add relevant event information.
- Make sure the individual event's visibility is set to Public, or using edit your default calendar share settings to make your calendar public.
- Click Save.
- Open the event in Google Calendar. In the upper right, click the More actions dropdown menu and select Publish event.
- In the dialogue box, click Copy next to the Link to event field. Copy and paste this URL into a text editor for easy access.
Send your calendar invite via Email campaign
To send the .ics file (for Outlook or Apple users)
- In your Humanitix account, navigate to Email Campaigns > Create Campaign. Or if you have a campaign you've built already, click into your existing campaign.
- Scroll down to "Attachments" and click "Upload Files" then select the .ics file from your computer.
To send the Google calendar event
- Simply paste this link to your email campaign's body or use it as hyperlink it to contextualise it. For example: "Add to your Google Calendar".